The City Volunteer program promotes and coordinates volunteer opportunities within City departments to citizens seeking to enhance the community by donating their time and skills to various municipal projects.
The City of Mason City encourages citizens to get involved and participate in the development and enhancement of the city and the community in which they live and work.
By choosing to volunteer, you will have the opportunity to strengthen our community by connecting with city staff, families, neighbors and friends, schools, businesses and organizations through service.
For information about the Volunteer Program, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 641-421-3372
The following is a list of volunteer opportunities that become available during the year. Current volunteer opportunities can be found at: Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer in parks (litter pick up)
Providing a unique opportunity for volunteers to share their time and talents as they partner with City staff on municipal projects.
The results of this valuable partnership help to enhance the quality of life for our citizens and our visitors to
- Volunteer flower gardener
- Landscaping, tree planting, mulching
- Weed pulling
- Friends of the Trails
- Earth Day (community-wide clean up effort)
- Earth Day (committee member)
- Carpentry, painting
- Data entry
- Mailings, brochure folding
- Park Watch (must be 18 years old)
- Citizen Police Academy
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Adult volunteer mentors
- Leisure peer mentors
- Youth/Teen group activities
- Coaching youth sports (must be 16 years old)
- Holiday parties
- Kids Karnival
- Asset Afternoon in the Park
- Sports events assistants
- Arts festival
- Preservation projects
- 457 steam locomotive tour guide (or merchandise sales/concession)
- Service Project